Leadership Napa Valley (LNV) is a nonprofit foundation with a mission to involve, inspire, and inform leaders to strengthen our community. LNV is in its 32nd year of providing participants opportunities to hone leadership skills and learn about topics related to leadership in the Napa Valley. The organization is led by a Board of Directors which is seeking a part-time independent contractor to fulfill the duties of its Membership and Community Relations Director.
Summary of Position:
The contracted Membership and Community Relations Directoris responsible for implementing the policies and activities decided upon by the Board of Directors in the annual plan, and as opportunities arise, to promote and sustain the Leadership Napa Valley Program and Foundation.
Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors on policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of LNV in Napa Valley
- Develop and implement with the Board of Directors, an annual plan for fundraising, recruiting, and alumni engagement, in coordination with LNV Program Director.3. Develop and oversee annual budget In collaboration with Finance Committee
- Support, as identified by the Board, the work of the LNV Program Director as needed.
- Serve as Leadership Napa Valley’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the Napa Valley and use those relationships to strategically enhance LNV’s mission.
- Support committees in implementing Board of Director approved programs, including administrative duties.
- Oversee organization of Board and committee meetings.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts, including social media and web-related communications.
- Oversee and support recruiting process.
- Oversee and support annual sponsorship and alumni fundraising programs.
- Update and maintain alumni database.
- Provide administrative services, as needed, for smooth operation of the Board of Directors.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Graduate of Leadership Napa Valley Program preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated experience working on and with Boards of Directors
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Personality, sense of humor and social skills to act as a natural marketer for Leadership Napa Valley program and foundation
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with leaders with diverse work styles
- Ability to work autonomously, while maintaining collaborative relationships
- Ability to bring ideas to fruition
Annual contract: $30,000
Please send resume and cover letter to Desiree Brun, LNV Board President, by March 7, 2019.