The specific goals of Leadership Napa Valley are:
- Develop leadership skills of a diverse group of current and future leaders in Napa Valley.
- Educate current and future leaders about a broad range of community programs, processes, needs, and issues. Introduce emerging leaders to each other and to the current leadership of the Napa Valley.
- Encourage informed individuals to serve in community leadership positions.
- Seek diversity – in terms of culture, ethnicity, gender, geography, socio-economics, and professions – in each LNV class in order to reflect the true nature of the community.
Who should apply?
If you aspire to a leadership role in the Napa Valley, YOU SHOULD!!
What does an LNV Class do?
- Your class meets a total of 14 days over 9 months to learn about a topic related to leadership in the Napa Valley.
- Topics include: Tourism, Agriculture, Criminal Justice, Business, Government, Human Services, Arts, Education and much more!
- You will participate in group activities to learn more about YOUR COMMUNITY!
- You will complete a group practicum project that may require additional hours.
- You will take part in small group exercises that help you learn for yourself and learn from each other.
- You will engage in candid conversations with current leaders that will present the opportunity to challenge the process.
What is a Practicum Project?
- A project that supports or benefits the community.
- You will be placed on a team with 5-7 class members.
- Your team will pick the project.
- Sample projects include: Downtown Murals, Hands Across the Valley, and Napa County Visitor Profile.
What do I need to do to apply?
- Demonstrate a high level of interest in the Napa Valley.
- Aspire to serve on boards or fill other leadership roles in the Valley and in your own vocation.
- Have a strong likelihood of remaining in the Napa Valley for at least five years after completion of the program.
- Have the full endorsement from your employer and make a personal commitment to attend all sessions.
- Be ready for a challenge – getting into the program is competitive, but it’s worth it.
If you would like to be notified when applications are available online and invited to our mixers, please click here to email us and include
your name, title, business, phone, email.